Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Garage Sale Goodness!!

So we're jumping in head first on this idea of raising some funds for our Haiti Mission Trip! We'd love your advice on how to do such a thing cuz we only have one plan in place with wheels in motion....and if I am stark honest with you all, I'd have to admit, *asking* for money makes the skin crawl right off my back so becoming a "fundraiser" is about as outside of my element as one could possibly SHOVE ME. But inventive ways to earn some cashola has my thinker workin' overtime, my engine revving, wheels turning, exhaust rolling...or maybe I'm just burning rubber over here? Please DeAr FrIeNdS...this is our plea to you: we'd love all the wild advice and crazy ideas we can get on this one as we have just weeks to prepare and as much as we've rubbed our two pennies together, they're not multiplying over here!

Here is our list so far, what do you have to add ~ creativity wins extra points!! ha!

We are taking donations for our garage sale if you have anything you'd like to part ways with we'd gladly accept some items to make our sale a lil more "beefy". We'd also LOVE for you to tell all your friends, especially all your Buckman & Pierz friends so they can come shopping.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

7024Maria, this is so exciting! I know that when I went to Panama a couple of years ago, I felt the same way about asking for donations. However, I prayed about a very specific list of people and sent out a letter. Many responded and a couple did not. The money came in- sometimes as much as several hundred dollars from a single source. BLEW ME AWAY! I raised just what I needed- including enough to cover my passport and a bit of spending money for the trip. Its a pride thing, the not wanting to ask, my sister! HUMBLE yourselves- and pray-- then write the letters! You will be shocked- and NO ONE will be offended! NO ONE!! promise!!