Monday, August 3, 2009

I dare you or me?

Hmmm, I see this video as an invitation from my Lord for deeper intimacy, total abandonment and real trust, the kind you can't turn back on to seek your own solution. This video coming to me at a time in my life when God is revealing something to me that I can not understand in its fullness ~ or as God puts it in His Word, "more than I can now handle". I revel at the risk involved in this invitation and the irony at how many times I've prayed over others that faith is spelled R.I.S.K. when I promise them that the Lord will catch them if only they jump. I wonder how my life might change if I dare accept the challenge of these words as though it was my Father whispering in my ear...

Francis Chan


And I wonder if you can hear His voice speaking to you in this as well?

1 comment:

Jodi said...

My devotional today:
One handful with tranquility is better than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind. Eccl. 4:6
Hmm...Lord set us free from the FALSE security that comes from having more of ANYTHING than we really need!!