Monday, June 30, 2008

Have you ever seen an angel?

I certainly have, almost every day my life is filled with the earthly presence of God’s sweet angels smiling through the faces that I’ve come to know and love so dearly as my friends, family and beyond.

As my consciousness of God’s touch of grace has awakened gradually over the course of the past few years, so has my ability to recognize when someone I know or even a complete stranger is taking the form of an earthly angel to help God’s love for me be ever present in a tangible form. I am modestly attempting to thank all of those who have refined my life, polished me in ways that I could not on my own, held my hand when I was frightened, picked me up when I stumbled, educated me when I was ignorant(yeah, obviously ~ still a work in progress here) and helped me through each chapter of my life's journey thus far.

If you haven’t had the luxury of “seeing an angel”, it’s not because you are unsuccessfully looking for some ghost-like presence with fluffy white wings floating down from above that is mythical and fictional, it’s probably because I’ve done hogged all the earthly angels that one could find!! Just keep looking, I'm sure all your lives are filled with angels too(when they are off duty from their job of helping me). I’m a glutton on angels that’s for certain ~ GUILTY! I am so lucky or so helpless that God has given hundreds of angels the aggrivating task of shepherding me like a hopelessly lost lamb! They all have listened so diligently to whatever orders they’ve received to “deal with me” and my life has been richly blessed because of each and every heavenly soul I’ve encountered!

Truly my previous post was in reference to such angels when I spoke of the beautiful “stranger” who generously supported our trip. But why all this has inspired me to post publicly is because I was gifted yet another encounter with an angel last Friday. I spent my day with her and she blessed me more than words can express. I truly love how God has intertwined our paths to cross on such a similar journey! I’m still at a loss on how to gather my thoughts about how intensely she’s impacted and enhanced my life for what I hope to be an everlasting friendship deep beyond our biological connections. On my drive home Friday afternoon, I reflected upon all the angels in my life and I was mesmerized by the extent of God’s reach!! Back as far as my frazzled mind could remember my life has been shaped and “saved” in many ways from the blessings only these divinely appointed angels could offer. Every single one of you that "puts up with me" deserves a medal of sorts!! There is another special woman that I feel honored to 'give a shout out' to. She's an ever-present angel in my life and my admiration for her is irreplaceable. She's been burdened the task of diligently repairing my broken ladder to heaven (like a humble steward) when all she had to start working with was a splintered pile of rotting wood, yeah that’s the perfect metaphor for my life before I found the Lord, rotting pile of wood ~ blech. She’s carefully repaired each rung as it cracks, bends, bows, or breaks from under my footing so that I will never crash ~ I'm sure she's endured countless slivers from her experiences with me. She often holds me in my weakest state tenderly in her hands, nurturing my spiritual soul like an infant, even applying bandaids to hold my broken heart together when necessary. She eases me along gently to find the strength to climb the next step up the ladder, after all I'm afraid of heights and I can't see the top of where this scary ladder leads! As I’m reaching out for God, like an eager child for her father ~ I’m always looking back down the ladder in that same child like manner, terrified and seeking reassurance of whether I should “take the next step” and there she always is, cheering for me. YOU are FOREVER my sister in Christ ~ the closest bond I’ve ever held with someone I call “family”. I am your mini-me, so know there’s no way to ever get rid of me!! ;)

THANK YOU ~ to each and every angel that walks this earth along side a fool like me. I could ramble on for weeks, months and years to give justice to how you've all touched me but I hope each and every one of you knows how much you mean to me. Sadly, this is my lame attempt at sharing my undying gratitude for all of you ~ the angelic blessings in my life.

Awwwwe, big ole hugs, just like the ending of a Hallmark movie ~ this is me with arms wide open for all of you! (squeeze)

No comments: