Saturday, March 7, 2009

Awakening

I wonder if this ever happens to others as often as it happens to me, you're strumming along aimlessly and out of the blue something so ordinary becomes extraordinary...something you've known/seen/read/heard greets you as if it were for the very first time and impacts you in a greater way than you've ever known imaginable. What I've come to know as a divine awakening! ;)

That is what is happening for me with this amazing story:

One night an old man had a dream he had died and gone to heaven, where he was given a chance to review the footsteps in his life. He looked down and noticed that all over the dark valleys and difficult places he had traveled, there was only one set of footprints, but over the plains and across the beautiful mountains there were two sets of footprints as if someone had walked by his side.

He turned to the Lord and said, "There is something I can't understand about my life on earth. Why is is that across the mountains and over the smooth plains and easy places you have walked by my side, but here over the rough and difficult places I have walked alone, for I see in these places there is just one set of footprints?"

The Lord turned to the man and said, "It is true that while your life was easy I walked along by your side. I was your companion, but here when the walking was hard, and the path was difficult, here where you crossed the battlefields of life and did not have the strength to endure, I realized that was the time you needed me most.

"And that is why I carried you."

~ Famously knows as the beautiful "Footprints"

Thanks for always carrying me Lord, my heart explodes from the depths of your love!

No comments: