Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Glimmer

Just when things seem to be overloading my plate, God reveals His wisdom, support, love and never faltering encouragement to me in ways that only He can do! It is so beautiful to be dripping wet, showered by a love so great nothing can compare. For the first time since returning home from our trip (yes, that's 30+ days) I was able to sleep without being interrupted by a crying baby every half hour. My lil boo-bear only woke up every 3 hours last night, which in my sleep deprived mind compares to a solid night's sleep. Today I feel like the haze of exhaustion might begin to lift. It was the blessing I truly needed more than words can express!!

On top of all that God revealed words of encouragement to me last night through the pages of the book I'm reading. At a time where I have been desperately crying out to him for relief from this SEVERE sleep deprivation, financial darkness and overwhelming exhaustion being taxed by everyday garbage that seems so meaningless...He responded just when I needed Him to. I had been questioning why all this was happening and distracting us when both Donny and I are simply trying to press in closer to God, share His miracles and find our solid footing on this faith journey so we may keep trucking along as good servants. I wanted to know why God couldn't help us out a bit to make this journey a wee-bit easier. Surely God knows it's kind of hard to think, be inspired and share His message in an articulate way when you haven't slept in 30 days. Everything becomes a struggle when you haven't slept in 30 days...seriously I didn't think the human body could function without sleep that long, but somehow a certain 9 month old wouldn't let me choose otherwise...although my engines were surely shutting down. I simply didn't understand "why" I was struggling with so many things and trying to compute all this on strained brain cells and then last night I read these words:

"The more immersed in God you become, the less of a grip "normal" life has on you. Circumstances throw themselves against you, but you remain unmoved. When you are deep in God's river, even the tragedies and struggles of life that inevitably come only force you deeper into Him"

AMEN ~ thank you Lord for teaching me yet again with your miraculous words!! I will hang on tighter to you!!

I'm feeling the inspiration to blog finding it's way back, there's a glimmer of light in the darkness and soon the shadow will pass and Rwanda will come pouring out of my soul like a tsunami!

No comments: