Friday, August 1, 2008

A Preview

This is out of the order of my "time line" but I had to post this now. My heart aches so deeply, I had to share this now.

I had seen this video about a month or two before we left and I thought it was touching and that was the end of my connection. I don't expect you all to know how personal this song and video are to my soul, but if anyone on my team happens accross this post ~ may they know whatever tears are shed, I shed them too. I happened across this video just moments ago and I lost the dam that's been holding back a huge flood. Seeing this video NOW, after Rwanda and after Ethiopia ~ it steals the images right out from behind my retina and paints them all over this video. I have seen these sights with my own eyes, seen these faces and shared these smiles ~ these are my memories in someone else's eyes, someone beautifully captured what pain lingers after Africa destroys you. I'm haunted by this video and this song so deeply I could barely make it through the 4 minutes.

There's a line that you don't understand quite yet but ripped the pain from a broken part of my heart and plastered it on this screen "I saw my son in a little boy's eyes" ~ you will never know how many tears flow from my heart and my eyes when I know from the inside out what this sentence means.



I miss you Africa ~ You showed me beauty that I could never replace. You shared with me pain that I can never heal. You gave me a God so big my arms can't reach around Him. You made a hole that I can never repair.

I. MISS. YOU.

No comments: